First time floating and wondering what to expect? First off, welcome to our space, we’re thrilled to have you here!
Here is the process and a few quick tips to consider!
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. We will greet you, offer you a tour of our facility and answer any questions you may have.
- Turn off your phone or set it to silent, making sure there are no alarms set for your time in the tank.
- Once you enter your private float suite, remove your clothing, insert your ear plugs and grab a quick, tepid shower to remove oils, fragrances and hair product.
- Dry your face to avoid distracting water droplets, and step into the pod.
- If you have any small cuts or scratches, feel free to use a petroleum jelly pack to cover them before entering the tank.
- Sit on the floor of the tank and then slowly lie back. Your ears will drop below the water line while your face will remain above it. If you wish, you can use one of the float halos provided in each of our suites for additional neck support.
- Once in the tank for 5 minutes, after no motion in the room, the lights will turn off.
- If, at any point, you get any of the salt water in your eyes, there is a small spray bottle and fresh, clean, hand towel hanging just inside the tank entrance for your convenience.
- At the end of your session, the lights and in-tank music will come on and welcome you back.
- Exit the tank carefully using the handles, discard your ear plugs, and grab a shower to clean the salt residue from your body and hair. It is good float etiquette to keep your post-float shower brief, as we have other guests waiting to use the space.
- Once dressed, we have an area dedicated to drying hair and reapplying makeup that you are welcome to use.
- You are then welcome to relax in our lounge for as long as you would like after your float. We are happy to share our space and help ease you back into the buzz of the ‘real world’