Privacy of personal information is of extreme importance to fundy float company. Personal information that is collected is used responsibly and only for purposes necessary for the customized service that we provide.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. This might include information that relates to their personal characteristics such as (gender, age, home address and phone number, ethnic background, family status and sexual preference). Personal information is to be contrasted with business information (an individual’s business address and telephone number).
Who Are We?
Fundy float company is a reputable company specializing in providing floatation therapy for its clientele. Accordingly we work with carefully selected third parties that may in the course of their duties, have limited access to personal information pertinent to the customer’s event. We restrict their access to any personal information we hold as much as is reasonably possible.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To secure reservation of a certain date
- To carry out necessary logistics of our services
- To custom-design our services to suit our clients particular needs
- To maintain correspondence with our clients
Examples of the personal information we collect for those purposes include name, address, and telephone number and credit card number.
Protecting Personal Information: We understand and are committed to the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason we have taken the following steps:
- Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on all computers.
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed addressed envelopes, by reputable companies
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a secure direct line, anonymized or encrypted
- Selected third parties with access to client personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us or acknowledge that they abide by PIPEDA.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information: Most of our clients are repeat clients. Therefore we retain the personal information to improve the customized service we deliver. We keep our client paper files for three years. After this three-year period the files are destroyed. However if you ask, we will remove such contact information right away. We destroy paper files by shredding. We destroy electronic information by deleting it and, when the hardware is discarded, we ensure that the hardware is physically destroyed.
You can look at your Information: You have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. Often, all you have to do is ask. We can help you identify what records we might have about you. We will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand. (e.g., various industry forms, technical language, etc.).
We will need to confirm your identity, if we do not know you, before providing you with this access. We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee of $25.00 for such requests. If there is a concern, we may ask you to put your request in writing. If we cannot give you access, we will tell you within 30 days if at all possible and tell you the reason, as to why we cannot give you access. If you believe there is a mistake, we will make the correction and notify anyone to whom we sent this information. There is no charge for correcting errors or updating your information.
Do you have a Concern?
We can be reached at 506-847-1234 or email@example.com, to address any questions or concerns you might have.
Phone :(613) 995-8210, toll free: 1-800-282-1376, Fax: 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9180E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org